after they take him home. They came up to Utah to meet him tonight. Tomorrow they
will take him home with them. They also brought his older brother with them. They have
adopted him as well. It was a nice evening. We got to know them a bit and see Zeke interact
with them all. His brother is a cutie and so excited to have Zeke go home with them. Every
time a child leaves our home I wonder what will happen to them. What will their life be like?
Will they learn about Christ? Will they feel loved and be well taken care of? Will they have
opportunities to learn and succeed in life? Will they remember me and my family? Well, we
printed out all of our pictures for the last 6 months with Zeke in them. Since we can't post them
here, it was nice to use them! We put them in an album for him to take and keep. I hope he
remembers or can tell from the pictures, how much we loved him. I have so many mixed
emotions right now. I'm going to miss his laugh and sweet sweet smile. I'm going to miss his
hugs and kisses. I'm going to miss him saying "night, night" and "love you". I am looking forward
to so many things that will be easier now, but don't want to forget all the precious moments
we've had over the last 6 months. So to make myself feel a little better I'll list some of the things
I can look forward to. No more diapers, no more food being thrown on the floor, being able to
listen at church and go to all the meetings, and 3 hours of quiet time every morning while
the kids are in school. I'm not sure how it will all balance out for my emotions for the next week.
So if you see my and my eyes are red or I'm kind of just weird, just give me a hug. I'll make it!
Thanks to all who have helped me throughout these last 6 months especially. I don't think I could
keep doing foster care without all the support you all give me and my family. THANKS! Love you all!
Here's Dave and Zeke on a walk. I'll have to ask about posting one of him once he is gone.
4 comments:
Julia, you are such a neat person and you do such a good job with foster care. I really admire you. We will miss little Zeke as well, and wish the best for him.
I'm almost always available if you would like something to do?!
What a neat story! Thanks for sharing that. You are so amazing for doing foster care.
You are so sweet! Im sure he will remember your family! If you need to get out of the house Owen would love to play with Jonas again! Hang in there!
I love that picture - if you get missing the noise and mess we can come visit again :)
Post a Comment