Friday, January 7, 2011

Hannah turns 9

So life seems to keep passing me by! I can't believe my little girl turned 9. It really doesn't seem like it's been that long. She's still my little Angel! I am so blessed to have her as my daughter, my first born, and my big helper. I really don't know what I'd do without her. Especially since becoming pregnant. She is so excited to be a big sister again. (I did just realize that I never posted that we found out we are having a boy! Oops!) Hannah was a bit sad when she found out but has realized all the good things that come from having another boy. 1-She gets to keep her own room! 2- The baby won't want to play with her stuff (she thinks!). 3- She continues to be our special girl!



WARNING: I'm going to be bragging a lot now!
Hannah continues to amaze me with her maturity, her desire to learn everything she can, her thoughtfulness to others, and her happy easy going personality. Sometimes I wonder how she could be my daughter. Then I realize she's so much like her father and I'm happy about that! She is excelling in the Spanish dual immersion program at school and loves to listen to other conversations when people don't realize she understands them! She has also tested into special Math and Science programs that keep her busy! She was also recently asked to apply to a special program for gifted children starting next school year. But that would mean she doesn't continue with Spanish. So we'll see what is decided! Hannah has also been doing really well with her ballroom class! She was just asked to pair up with her teachers son and will be receiving more individual attention and help. This will also give her the opportunity to compete more! I'm so proud of her for working so hard at everything she does!

This year for her birthday we celebrated first with my family. Then on her birthday she chose to go swimming with just her Papa. She was so excited to have all his attention and do something with just them. Then we took her and one friend to Trafalga for an evening of miniature golf and some games. She was also able to have the one friend sleepover.


Then the next Sunday we had Dave's family down to our house for dinner and to celebrate Hannah's birthday with them. One of these days it might be nice to do it all in just one day, but it's so fun to see the kids so happy all week long too! I'm really glad we're able to celebrate these happy days with so much of our families and friends!


She was excited to get new snow boots and gloves. Then she got a giant candy necklace!. And 2 new dresses and some nice black boots! Yes, that is my silly daughter in shorts in December! Of course its not at my house so it's warmer for her than it is at home!

1 comment:

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

I can't believe how beautiful she was as a baby! Holy moly! She's only getting more beautiful. What a talented and smart girl. I'm so glad I was able to teach her. She's amazing and was definitely my "Angel" that year in class.