Sunday, December 11, 2011

Give Thanks

In early November I saw a blog that gave me a good idea to get the kids thinking more about what we have to be thankful for. It was a "giving thanks" jar. So for FHE I found a jar and put stickers on it to say "give thanks". I cut up a bunch of little papers for us to write on. I told the kids that this was our jar to fill up before Thanksgiving. I didn't want them to make a list right there and just put in the usual things. I wanted us to think about it as we went about our days throughout the month. Anytime we saw someone do something or from our own experiences, I wanted them to write it down. I told them we'd read them all after Thanksgiving. With in 2 weeks we had it full and the kids were worried we'd need 2 jars! But I just made them fold them smaller and stuff them in. It was fun to see the kids get excited to write something down. For FHE after Thanksgiving we read through them all. It was fun to see the random ones that normally wouldn't be there! Well, after reading them all I didn't really want to keep them around just taking up space, but I didn't want to throw them away and forget about them. So I decided I'd write them down here! (Yes, I did spell check on them!) This was fun and I'm hoping it becomes a tradition for our family!


-I am thankful for a loving Savior.
-My parents
-I'm thankful when the kids help without me asking first. Especially with Enoch!
-Forgiveness
-Warm home
-Hannah
-Nice teachers, substitutes, and principals
-Firewood
-The beautiful nature around us
-A car that works well
-Loving moms, papas, and brothers
-A stove and Top Ramen noodles, yum!
-I'm thankful for Thanksgiving.
-Church leaders
-Books
-Good family
-Good neighborhood
-I'm grateful that Enoch was resuscitated.
-I'm grateful for Jonas' love of life and his desire to a be a good person.
-Jonas' hard work at school
-A good planet
-Enoch
-I'm grateful for children who excitedly greet me when I come home from work.
-I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom.
-Nice and good people (friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, grandpas
-I am thankful that Enoch is starting to sleep better.
-Nice and good house, dishes, clothes, and pets
-I'm grateful for beautiful sunsets.
-Family and friends - Mom and Morgan
-Technology
-Clothes (especially underwear)
-Home
-Good food, money, house, and toys
-Hot water
-Books (Wings!)
-Temples and that we're so close to so many
-I'm thankful for my eyes and ears.
-Musical and non-musical instruments.
-I am grateful that Julia agreed to share her life with me.
-Prayer!
-The gospel and the plan of salvation
-Papa and his support and patience
-Papa's job
-Hannah and her desire to be her best
-Good and nice parents
-I am grateful for Hannah's hard work in school and ballroom.
-The priesthood
-The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
-Binkies and 2-way radios
-Jonas
-Communication (the many different ways)

No comments: