Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring Break - Days 7-9

Cabo San Lucas - What a beautiful city. It had a fun boardwalk, beautiful beaches, and a very
clean city. At least the touristy part that we saw! They had a fun indoor market that I really
enjoyed looking at. I wish I'd had lots of money to buy some neat things for me and other
people of course! We did end up buying a carved wooden palm tree!


Here's a cool building I liked and wanted to try and paint.

After we got into town we realized our battery was dead on the camera. Not a good thing.
So we hurried back to the ship to get a new one. Well, in Cabo you have to anchor out at
sea and then take tenders into the dock. Not my favorite part! Well, we hurried as fast as
we could and barely made it back to dock to meet our tour guide. Thank goodness there
was only 1 other couple that was also on our boat and so they didn't seem to mind too much
that we were a bit late.

We ended up snorkeling at 2 different beaches. I have no idea what their names were, sorry!
The first one was quieter, but the waters were a bit rougher until you got further out. I
was proud of myself for how well I did. We stayed at the first beach for almost 2 hours. I
couldn't believe how long I swam for without a life jacket. For first timers, you might want
to consider a life jacket. It helps you relax a bit more and therefore its more enjoyable.


We were glad we had the waterproof camera! The fish and coral were amazing. Though
be grateful that none of the pictures of me came out! I thought I had some of Dave diving,
but I couldn't find them, so I'll keep looking.

We headed back to the ship that afternoon to head back to San Diego. It was nice to have
a relaxing evening (I got sunburned this time!). Friday we were at sea racing back to San
Diego. We had a relaxing day and enjoyed the quiet time! For some reason Friday night I
got sea sick. I had made it the whole trip, but suddenly it hit me. I took some medicine and
we headed to dinner for the last time and their special show. I was only able to eat a few
rolls and just watch everybody else.

Dave, our fancy salad that night, and me - somehow I'm smiling.

I'm not sure how I missed taking more pictures of the food. Part of my desire to go on the
cruise was for the food! Yet, we never thought to take pictures while we were eating. Then
again, I don't usually have a camera when I'm eating! That night they were showing
"Sherlock Holmes" in their theater. We decided to go. Well, apparently my body doesn't
like dramamine. I couldn't make it through the movie, but Dave said he enjoyed it. One
thing we got a kick out of was the nightly creatures in our room. Every night the room
staff folded towels to look like different creatures.


The elephant and the monkey - not sure why we didn't take pictures of the others!

We were sad to end our carefree week, but excited to see the kids. They had a great time
with their aunt Stephanie, uncle Joe, cousins Tavia, and Ryken. I asked Jonas if he had
missed me. His reply was, "No, not really. I forgot about you most of the time. I did
remember you one day!" Glad he was safe, comfortable, and having fun! On Saturday
night we got to go out to dinner with Joe and Steph. Then we joined them at church Sunday
morning for Sacrament meeting. We then headed home. Again with the reminder of how
I don't like California traffic! We made it home about 1am. I'm so glad the kids travel so
well. They really made it easy! Thanks again Joe and Steph! I'm waiting for a CD of their
pictures and then I'll post that! I told Dave I'll be ready for a longer cruise next time!
Hopefully before another 10 years!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh Wow! So much fun! I so need a trip like that. That looks so fun. Nate and I are going to try to take one in 2012! We'll have to talk about it at the reunion!

M and N mmm mmm good said...

I know how to make the elephant. Let me know if you want me to show you. Your trip looks like fun. We will be seeing you soon!!!