Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My birthday - July 8

So another year gone by. Not sure where the time has gone. I sometimes can't believe I'm this
old. Okay, I guess 31 isn't really that old. But who thinks what they will be like at 31 when
you're younger? Not me. I am happy where I am at, but it's still hard to think of me this old! On
this day I've thought about me and my life quite a bit. I love my husband so much and am so
thankful for him in my life. I know I'm the person I am because of his good influence,
encouragement, and faith in me. I love my wonderful kids so much too. They bring so much
love, laughter, and happiness to my life. I can't imagine my life without them. I'm thankful for
my family, extended family, and my wonderful friends. You all help me make it through my trials,
make me stronger and happier, and provide great examples to me! Thank you. I love you all!

This year my birthday was special and unique. I took the kids bowling with our neighbors.
We had a lot of fun! Jackie bought me Costa Vida for lunch and hung out being silly!

Jonas and Morgan, Jonas, and Hannah

Hannah and Morgan, Colton, Hannah and Morgan with monkey faces!


Jackie and me with our monkey faces, Jackie and me, Hannah and me!

After bowling I got home and got to relax for a couple of hours in a quiet house. Jackie had
the kids at her house. Dave got home a little late and said that he would take care of dinner.
Well, then the doorbell rang. I opened it to find Jackie and her son, Chase. I was then cordially
invited to a royal dinner and their house! I walked in to find Jackie and her family, Dave and
my kids, and our neighbors, Grant, Loni, and Lydia. I was then given a crown and a "queen's"
dress! I was then treated to lotion on my feet and some entertainment! We had a delicious
dinner that consisted of homemade lasagna, green beans, and french bread! Then brownies and
ice cream! Oh, it was wonderful! Hannah and Morgan sang a special song for me too! The
whole time I was treated as a queen with princesses, a butler, peasants, royal announcer, and
court jester! It was so special and such a treat. Thank you Jackie for making my day so special!
Thanks for making my day about just me! Thanks to everybody else for helping and putting up
with me! I'll try to get some pictures from Jackie to add to this post, but I wanted to get it up
now. Another year older, maybe wiser, but definitely happier as I go!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What a fun Idea for a birthday, and what a great friend for doing it! Sound like you have great neighbors and friends. Happy Birthday you old Lady..JK! :)

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Old Girl. I just turned 30 this year. I never have felt old until I found a sample of lipstick, but you had to be under 29 to try it. SERIOUSLY! I've never been to old to do something. Talk about reality check.

Unknown said...

You are so welcome. I am glad that you liked it, we had fun doing it.