Thursday, November 11, 2010

September

Labor Day weekend we always head down to a friend of the family cabin up Salina Canyon. We headed down early Saturday morning and came home Monday afternoon. It's a great weekend to eat, play games, and relax with family. Every year we look forward to just getting away from it all! This was also the weekend we told my family we were expecting. I had randomly bought Jonas a "Big Brother" shirt as part of his school clothes months ago. (He was a big brother to the different foster kids). Well, I found it not long after we found out we were pregnant. So we let him wear it to the cabin and wait for people to ask about it. It took a couple of hours and drawing attention to it before they realized what it meant! Jonas really enjoyed being a part of that!


Playing horseshoes - Dave and Aaron, Aaron and me, and Dave and Sparky!


The kids found a caterpillar - Isabelle, Maddie, Hannah, and Zak

Then it was shower time on Saturday night - we hit the local church on Sunday mornings!

My brother-in-law Sparky is not afraid of the cold cold water! First the girls turn and then the boys!


After showers they got to watch a movie, Sparky and his daughter (2 peas in a pod!), and the cabin!

We also got to go to the state fair this year. It's hard with the kids in school full days now and i don't want to fight the Saturday crowds. But this year we made it! My little sister Michelle also joined us!

Hannah reading a broadcast, picking veggies in the Little Farm, and Jonas reading the broadcast!


Riding little tractors at the Little Farm and then they got to pick eggs!


I don't know what to do with Hannah sometimes but Jonas will smile for me. Jonas loved the animals.

We hit a couple of rides after meeting up with my twin Sara, her family, and her in-laws. As well as looked at the exhibits and booths. But first we saw some of the rodeo. It was the first that my sister Michelle and the kids had ever been too! It was fun to see their reaction!

I think we took 10 pictures and not many worked out! Jonas kept hiding or making faces!

Dave's grandma also passed away this month. It was the kids first funeral and they did great. This was actually only my 2nd real one. I had been to a few services as RS president. But this was my 2nd viewing, maybe 5th service, but first luncheon. I hope it's a while yet before I have to go to another one. I know I've been blessed to still have so much of my family around! Dave and Hannah sang a duet "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" and had many people crying! We did enjoy spending time with some of Dave's aunts, uncles, and siblings. Grandma Sadie - we miss you and love you!

Dave's siblings that could make it -Chad, Dan, Christa and him, at the luncheon, and at the viewing.

Dave has picked up a new hobby these last couple of months thanks to a neighbor. For Dave's birthday I sent him and 3 friends to a local rock climbing place. They had a lot of fun. Well, thanks to a wonderful cousin of Dave's (who had all the gear you could need, but wasn't using it), Dave has been able to go a couple of times with a good friend and neighbor, Dave!


Dave and our good friend Dave Lindsey!

No comments: